· To Clienteles:
- Attend to clients faithfully and conscientiously and strive to provide them with all the possible benefits from his/her knowledge and skills.
- Serve at all times all people in his/her area of jurisdiction without discrimination.
- Exercise good faith and honesty in the discharge of his/her duties and responsibilities especially in disseminating information to clients and their families.
- Observe confidentiality on matters related
to clients, except when otherwise required by law, public health interest and safety or upon client’s consent.
- Provide his/her clients the best quality service at the least cost.
- Serve the client throughout the duration of client’s treatment or make the necessary referral until the treatment is complete.
- Act and respond at all times on any call for his/her services.
- At all times, maintain quality and prompt delivery of health services without discrimination, and
- Maintain cordial professional relationship with clients.
· To the Community:
- Fully cooperate with local authorities in the performance of his/her duties and responsibilities
- Assist in the administration of justice when called upon to provide expert opinion on health, public safety and medico-legal cases.
- Provide correct and accurate information on the risk and injury to health and to life existing in the community.
- Take the initiative to organize the community to become self-reliant for their health and medical needs, to maintain their health facilities, and to mobilize resources for health, and
- Make himself/herself available to the community anytime his/her services are needed especially during emergencies and calamities.
· To co-workers:
- Maintain harmonious relationship with co-workers and avoid destructive competition with them, and
- Seek assistance through consultations with colleagues whenever necessary for the benefit of the clients and the community.
· To the Government:
- Ensure that health services are delivered to the intended population.
- Help improve and maintain healthy population
- Pay all taxes due the government
- Use wisely and efficiently all equipment and facilities provided by the government to him/her for an effective delivery of public health services.
- Strive to promote and discuss the programs of the government, especially those related to health, and
- Strive for excellence in the performance of duties and responsibilities as a public servant.
It must be emphasized that there may be a dire legal consequence, in case a public health worker would be found wanting in any of the above fourfold duties and obligations.